Thursday, February 23, 2012

Can a 2004 honda pilot still make carbon monoxide w/ a catalytic converter?

l think the 2004 honda pilot has a catalytic converter in it. Can it still make co? %26amp; can it still b deadly?Can a 2004 honda pilot still make carbon monoxide w/ a catalytic converter?It produces CO, but not enough to kill you in any amount of time you would stand for it. I've had CO poisoning from an industrial accident (a generator running under the gull-wing door of the airplane I was working in) and it is no fun at all. I was getting a lot more CO than your 2004 Honda puts out. After about half an hour I began feeling spacey and had a tight feeling across my forehead. My boss was working with me and I asked him if he was feeling okay - he said he was. He told me later he thought he was having a stroke and didn't want me to be afraid to fly back with him. The headache began after about an hour and we were working there for three hours. I vomited on the way home. After I got home it got worse. I laid down because I was fatigued and thought (wrongly) it would help the headache. It quickly turned into a horrible headache and my wife called poison control, which alerted the hospital for us. My thinking was all messed up - I was going to drive myself to the hospital, but when my wife got me there I could walk where she told me to but could not decide for myself where to go. I was put on oxygen quite quickly, which helped the headache maybe 50% within seconds. Several doctors asked how it happened for the record because there are legal ramifications to CO poisoning (and most poisonings) for any of the various ways it can occur. I was on oxygen for 7 hours - when the blood test results came back the doctor increased the flow of oxygen) and was sent home.



One of the most dangerous aspects of CO levels like modern cars produce is that it can make us do stupid things. As I found out, my brain checked out early in the procedure and I began doing progressively more random things. Fortunately, I got treatment before brain damage occurred. Mental retardation is not uncommon with intense or prolonged CO exposure.
  • country buffet
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment