Sunday, February 26, 2012

How do I install an ignition cylinder in my 1989 Honda Accord LXI?

I need to install an ignition cylinder in my Honda. Do I have to take part of the steering wheel off? I know there is a pin at the top I have to push down on but it doesn't seem to be loosening it enough to take it out.How do I install an ignition cylinder in my 1989 Honda Accord LXI?this is the procedure from the 1990 accord manual. Probably the same for your 1989.



1. Remove the steering wheel, then remove the steering

column covers.

2. Remove the bulb/socket from the key light case by

turning the socket 45掳, then remove the screw and

the key light case from the lock body.

3. Turn the ignition key to "I".

4. Push the pin in and remove the lock cylinder from

the lock body.

5. Turn the key to "0" and align the lock cylinder with

the lock body.

6. Turn the key almost to "I" and insert the lock

cylinder until the pin touches the body.

7. Turn the key to the "I", push the pin and insert the

lock cylinder into the lock body until the pin clicks

into place.



hope that helpsHow do I install an ignition cylinder in my 1989 Honda Accord LXI?I JUST DID IT A 89 HONDA ACCORD.....YOU DO NOT HAVE TOO REMOVE THE STEERING WHEEL........I REPEAT YOU DO NOT HAVE TO REMOVE THE STEERING WHEEL.......REMOVE THE PLASTIC AROUND IT!!! PUSH THE PIN AND PULL IT OUT.. MAKE SURE ITS ON THE 1 POSTION!!!! GOOD LUCK

Report Abuse

How do I install an ignition cylinder in my 1989 Honda Accord LXI?yeah but what if the key wont turn and you cant get it to the "I" position, so then the push pin wont push in and you cant get the lock out?????? I dont know what to do, can anyone help?

Report Abuse

No comments:

Post a Comment