Thursday, February 23, 2012

How much does it cost to update my 93 honda accord airconditioner to the new legal standard?

I have a 93 honda accord ex and it has airconditioning already installed. I believe that the freon has run out. However, since the laws changed in 94, i must now update my system to the earth friendly freon. I was wondering what is a reasonable price to pay?How much does it cost to update my 93 honda accord airconditioner to the new legal standard?Check around the opened hood seams around the under the hood, there might be a BLUE STICKER that confirms the conversion was already done. Unless you are the only owner and know this was never done.



They might do a leak detection first to verify the system is in tact, if it is, it would be a safe bet to ball park a $150 estimate for everything.



I believe they also replace the expansion valve and drier, those parts you can get for $30 each, maybe another $100 to swap out, not sure about R-134a conversion, but that's a MANDATORY step when replacing the compressor, but you might want to ask.

No comments:

Post a Comment